- Python library for interfacing with tmux through its objects.
- A tool to manage workspaces with tmux, built on libtmux.
- The tmux binary. Used internally to distinguish tmuxp is only a layer on top of tmux.
- configuration management library, see kaptan on github.
Tmux runs in the background of your system as a process.
The server holds multiple Session. By default, tmux automatically starts the server the first time
$ tmuxis ran.
A server contains session’s.
tmux starts the server automatically if it’s not running.
Advanced cases: multiple can be run by specifying
- Attaches to a tmux server. When you use tmux through CLI, you are using tmux as a client.
Inside a tmux server.
The session has 1 or more Window. The bottom bar in tmux show a list of windows. Normally they can be navigated with
Sessions can have a
Uniquely identified by
Entity of a session.
Can have 1 or more pane.
Panes can be organized with a layouts.
Windows can have names.
Linked to a Window.
- A target, cited in the manual as
[-t target]can be a session, window or pane.